Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Book Review: Management in 10 Words


I have noticed I have never done a book review of the excellent book of Terry Leahy Management in 10 Words. I read it couple of years ago, and I highly recommend it. It is clearly a great book, telling the career of Terry Leahy, who has experienced most of the most important parts of Tesco's adventure.

Here are some of the things I liked about the book

The TWIST Progam: Tesco Week In Store Together. I believe this is very important for people of the head office to confront the realty of what customers are, what the life in a store is. Tesco has a brilliant idea to copy.

The story of the loyalty reward program is amazing. How Tesco had to wait for the technology to enable them to analyse sales data, which allow them to create their loyalty reward program, that has been envied for decades.

The management principles, especially about responsability of the staff, and the importance of simplifying the management decision making process, to be more lean and fast to adapt to competition and customer demand.