Monday, May 12, 2014

Some Thoughts On My New Approach With LinkedIn

For those of you who know me well, I have always been a high user of LinkedIn, and a fervent fan. I have found a lot of my previous jobs thanks to it, and as the service evolved (in a great way by the way), I have been able to keep in touch with a lot of my professionnal contacts, I have been able to look for job positions, to create the group of my master degree at Paris Dauphine, etc...

The service have been great, and at some point, once I started to have over 100 connections, I started to slow down with accepting people as most of the people wanting to get in contact with I did not know. I started to think: How can you keep in touch with over 100 people? Or if you keep in touch, how can you have possibly a strong relationship with that many people?

As the time went by, I started to get in contact with more and more people, and in fact, without even noticing it, I have over 400 people in my network... 

This is in fact a real blessing. That means that I have the opportunity to know and contact quickly a vast number of people that I would have never been able to keep up with, from different activities: finance, marketing, sales, international business, entrepreneurs...

Hence, I go more and more often on LinkedIn, especially to get information in the news feed they have. I am really amazed by the quality LinkedIn has been able to develop over the time. 

I really believe that they have changed the way people are approaching their career, and foremost, the way they are connecting with people.


You are doing a great job guys.