Tuesday, June 10, 2008

LinkedIn proposes private companies group

Linkedin groupsI received today an email from LinkedIn letting me know that they have launched a new service for companies.

"We just launched a new beta feature that gives you and your coworkers at Residential Pacific Mortgage a private place on LinkedIn to communicate and collaborate. This new Company Group allows you to:
  • Discover and discuss with your co-workers news articles that are relevant to your company, competitors, and industry
  • Ask questions to members of your company group and answer co-workers questions
  • Find employees in different parts of the company and stay updated on what they're working on"
This is a good idea. One of the things I did not like about LinkedIn is that they were not allowing people to create groups within the service. Viadeo, on the other hand, have hubs where you can share information and discuss inside a private group. But the problem of Viadeo is that you have to pay for the service, which limits the potential of this network.
Thus I consider this new feature will be great. The only regret I have is that it is limited to companies. I wish it would work with alumni group. But I think this is moving foward, and I expect this service to be available for alumni associations soon.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment