Thursday, May 15, 2008

The French job market: when demand's will is different from the supply's needs

This is a very interesting article I checked on cadreemploi.fr.

Herein is a graph illustrating the gap between new alumni's interest and companies needs. In orange, the number of resumes sent, in blue, the number of job offers, by categories. We can see that the demand is larger than the supply especially for the marketing and communication fields, and the research and studies one. On the other hand, there is a large offer for sales positions and the information system area.

This is very interesting I am currently conducting research to identify what kind of job I would like. I am pretty lucky though, as I am interested by both a sales position or in the Internet sector. I'd like to have an experience of couple of years in the sales field, even though I would like afterward to have a strong marketing position. I actually believe that first job positions as sales manager are more fun than marketing's ones. It allows you to understand better customers too.

In terms of negotiation, this is also an advantage for the employee, as he has a bigger negotiation power on the company.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

    ReplyDelete