Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A blog to understand vendor relationship management better

I have just got back of a wonderful week of vacation I spent in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I found this very interesting blog.
It is called ProjectVRM blog, and is a research and development project of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University.

What is VRM?
That is a new trend which appeared along the development of web 2.0 technologies. The main idea is that instead of having brands trying to get in contact with us whereas we don't need them, the customer will broadcast on the Internet its need, and companies will be allowed to make propositions to the client.

For example, I travel not that often by plane. However, I need a plane ticket to go to New York for next month. I can post an ad on my blog saying I need a plane ticket, expecting some companies to make me a good offer. With this concept, I avoid the company to send me any kind of newsletter or not solicited commercial message that could be disruptive.

This blog has very good thoughts about this concept that is emerging right now. I especially like the article about the VRM and DRM, and also this good quote …deciding to expose any data to a potential vendor is a customer choice, not a marketers right.


Blogged with Flock

No comments:

Post a Comment