Saturday, August 11, 2007

Starbucks takes care of its clients by training its employees


My girlfriend is actually working for Sarbucks. I have been surprise by how well the company treats its employees. We all have in mind how McDonalds or other fast food restaurants have a bad reputation about their human ressources services.

Starbucks enrolls its new hired employees into a 2 weeks training, managed by the shift manager. They have nice educational pieces and a certification process to allow a new employee to serve clients. It also provides an extensive range of compensation, with stocks, 401k, insurance, multiple discounts, and possibility to get involved into community service.

The main reason I can explain this profusion of care is that employees are very important for starbucks as they are the direct link of the company with the customer. I already talked about the importance on how to get involved employee in the customer relationship strategy. Starbucks has totally in mind the fact that beyond all the commercial messages it can send, the cashier smile or its kindness will be the key factor of customer happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Can anyone recommend the top performing IT automation software for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central software inventory management
    ? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 AM

    Great post. I was going to write something similar. Will check this blog more often I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:36 AM

    Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Easily I assent to but I dream the collection should have more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete