Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Controversy on the blog of Guy Kawasaki

I wanted to talk to you about this post of Guy Kawasaki, about this Internet website. This website is a listing of the different marketing/business theories that could be taught in a MBA class. Here is the comment of Guy Kawasaki.

"My buddy Ray Schraff from Hyland Software pointed me to this site containing a comprehensive list of management theories. It is an “MBA in a page,” and I mean that in a pejorative way.

Here are some examples from the page: GE/McKinsey matrix, Kaizen philosophy, Capital Asset Pricing Model, Business Process Reengineering, and Scenario Planning.

You can use the page as a test: Anyone who knows all these theories is someone you shouldn’t hire."



As I wanted to tell I was not agree about his point of view, I saw a bench of commentaries that were in the same state of mind. Most of the people who commented have a MBA and felt insulted about the fact this post was insulting their knowledge.


I would only like to say that knowing these theories might not be sufficient to be a good manager, especially with the Internet. But still, these theories work to help you make decisions. I also invite you to read the comments, to check how fast it grew.

No comments:

Post a Comment