Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wonder crops to get rid of desertification


I have said couple of days ago I wanted to add posts about ecology to my blog, and since I am in California, I must say I saw in the local newspapers a lot of information and articles about environment. Especially, on of the Epoch Times, which is a local newspapers of the Sunnyvale area.




It mainly talked about a plant, which is called Jatropha, which grows in arid conditionsm requires no irrigationm and can prevent, or perhaps, even reverse desertification. This article also points out that some experts estimate that more than half of Africa, one of the region the most hardly touch by desertificationm could grow jatropha.
I think this could be a wonderful thing, if it appears it is true, that a plant like that can help some regions of the world to fight against desertification.

No comments:

Post a Comment